Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Few and the Shop Bound


I took a ride on the Hog to Gold (Mark Twain) country for a late lunch. It's in adjoining California counties of Amador and Calaveras.

Pretty beautiful in "them there" hills.
It was about a 100 mile round trip.
Lunch was in the old mining town of Jackson.

Got there looking "bad" on the Harley, climbed off,
spit out a couple of bugs,
then went into the Rosebud restaurant for a
barbecue sandwich special.

It was a damn near perfect, lean and tender sandwich with a
side of home style potato salad.

After; I moseyed outside (you "mosey" in mining country you know).

Next; I lit a small Partagas cigar and squinted carefully
(Clint Eastwood style).

Then; I continued to "mosey" up and down the wooden walkway.
Enjoyed the shop windows but not so the women who, in midweek,
were pretty much limited to shop workers.
I think they are referred to as "The Few, The Plain and The Shop Bound."
(Not to be confused with "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly")

I know, I know; Deborah Kerr worked in a shop as part of a
Western movie once upon a time.
But Deborah was not there that day.

Then; I climbed back on the HOG,
revved the aftermarket (loud) pipes a few times and
roared out of town...

I left "The Few and the Shop Bound" shading their eyes
with their hands to get a better view of my back...
Wondering who that dude with the chiseled good looks
and distinguished gray hair was.  Or not.

Heh...Heh.

No comments: